You know how the best part of a night out is always getting ready with your girlfriends? Well the ultimate getting ready party is the morning of your wedding. It’s an excuse to sip mimosas, get ready and count down your last hours as a single gal.
Here are a few tips to have a great morning:
1. Think about the space – if you’re going to take getting ready photos, a space with bright, natural light space will photograph best. Often hotels will offer you a bridal suite at the room rate if you fill a certain number of rooms in the room block. To keep things simple, it can be fun to have a sleepover with your bridesmaids the night before in the suite (and then there’s no need to worry about latecomers in the morning!).
2. Think through your start time – If you’ll be having your hair and make-up done professionally, stylists usually want 30-40 minutes per head for hair and make-up artists will need the same for make-up.
3. Music – happy music can keep you feeling calm the morning of.
4. Food – keep everyone fed and well hydrated. I recommend hot coffee and a fridge full of LaCroix and mimosas (even better when served in these)!
Lunch the day of is something brides often forget about – you may be too nervous to eat, but avoid hangry bridesmaids by providing bagels and fruit, vegan donuts, or other bites.
5. Casual but cute – a great gift for your bridesmaids is something that will pull getting ready photos together. Soft PJs or robes are good options (go for something that can be opened/unbuttoned without smearing make-up!).